Topic: Finding out the cookie path? Or whatever it's called :-)

Hey guys, bit of an odd one this; we're currently running a PunBB very happily on our hosting and it works flawlessly. However, we've just installed Vanilla and for some reason it keeps forgetting when people log on and never seems to store the cookies properly.

Is there anyway to find out the path that cookies are being stored to in PunBB so I can try and mimic that with this other forum?

Thanks

Re: Finding out the cookie path? Or whatever it's called :-)

The path by default is set to /

I see, thank you Smartys!

Sorry to be a pain, but would that happen if it were on a subdomain too?

Yes, the path is something different from the domain
Lets say we have http://punbb.org/
If I set a cookie with path /, any script on the domain can access it
If I set a cookie with path /forums/, only scripts within the /forums/ directory can access it

To get a cookie to work with all subdomains (eg: punbb.org and www.punbb.org) you would set the domain to .punbb.org

I see, many thanks Smartys! Annoyingly that's exactly what's set at the moment, but it isn't working, grr smile

Thanks again!

7 (edited by silnoreki 2007-11-08 17:08)

Smartys wrote:

To get a cookie to work with all subdomains (eg: punbb.org and www.punbb.org) you would set the domain to .punbb.org

I'd really apraciate helping me with this, i got my page on domain XXX.pl and forum on separate account on domain forum.XXX.pl
And as far as I can see the cookies don't match so my user loging on may page XXX.pl doesn't work. It logs but does not see the cookie and on XXX.pl i'm still  "guest".

How to change setting of this domain ?

********************UPDATE**************************
config.php :-) hehehehe , I'm really laisy!!

But does it mean that there will be one cookie for both sites forum.XXX.pl and XXX.pl ?

***************UPDATE2*******************************
Think it works :-) Yuppi!