Topic: email first post to a new thread? (and other email stuff)

is it possible to set punbb up so that it optionally allows users to choose to have their first post to a new thread emailed to them?

right now it's possible to receive notification and the text of a follow-up.  this kind of allows for threads to be archived locally.  sometimes punbb only issues one notification until you revisit the thread.  is there a way to insure all follow-ups to a thread will be emailed even if the thread isn't revisited on punbb?

how about a mod that adds these email features (and more - including posting via email :-) ?  does such a thing exist?  (yes, i'm being lazy and not checking for myself - i will after i post this.)

peace,
david

Re: email first post to a new thread? (and other email stuff)

bump

Yes, it would have to be a mod, so I'll move this to the mods forum.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Anyone? I had a "subscribe to this forum" link/mod in my old PHPBB forums, but now that functionality seems to be lost in PunBB. RSS feeds aren't an option because all my forums are private and RSS feeds only work with public forums. I either need an RSS solution that will work, or some way to notify users of new topics via e-mail...

Thanks!

Luhmann wrote:

Anyone? I had a "subscribe to this forum" link/mod in my old PHPBB forums, but now that functionality seems to be lost in PunBB.

Thanks!

look at the bottom of the thred and subsrib to topic is there.

That is "subscribe to topic" not "subscribe to forum" there is a difference!