Topic: Is there any way to disallow style changes?

Other than just having one style is there any way to disallow style changes?

I (and by I I really mean a user as I personally dont't care) want to be able to have seasonal styles that change colors and possibly background images around a bit but I want to disable the user profile option to change styles.

Thanks,
Andrew

Re: Is there any way to disallow style changes?

Try commenting out the drop-down menu in the profile smile

Hmm, I tried that a few different ways but when you submit the page where it is commented out it either submitted a hidden variable or kept the style it was at when the user signed up. I may have goofed something up though so that could be an option I'm just doing wrong!

But I looked at the user table and even though user "guest" is set to Oxygen it is using Xmas for a guest which is what I set in admin so there is some override somewhere for guest so if I track that down and apply it to all I guess I'll be set! Then I'll just comment out the whole area like you said so the user doesn't think they can change it smile

4 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-03-03 21:02)

remove all the styles you don't want them to have access to. simply put them in a folder in the "style" folder(you may have to do the same for the import/*_cs.cs files)

andrewteg wrote:

Other than just having one style is there any way to disallow style changes?

I (and by I I really mean a user as I personally dont't care) want to be able to have seasonal styles that change colors and possibly background images around a bit but I want to disable the user profile option to change styles.

Thanks,
Andrew

i just re-read you original post, sorry.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Yeah, that's probably the best way smile

actually i commented out the change lines in profile.php like elbekko suggested and so the user can't change options now and I figured out in header.php you can change the css link from

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style/<?php echo $pun_user['style'].'.css' ?>" />

to

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="style/<?php echo $pun_config['o_default_style'].'.css' ?>" />

so that it reads it from the pun_config table instead of the pun_user table smile

The redirecting page seems to still use the user style but it's just a find replace issue now for $pun_user['style'].'.css to $pun_config['o_default_style'].'.css

Seems to work for me thus far... any thoughts why it wouldn't in the futre?

Thanks,
Andrew

You could always try to do this: $pun_user['style'] = $pun_config['o_default_style'];

lol, makes me feel good we came to the same conclusion ... pun is so darn easy to use and figure out it's scary!

Yeah, I know tongue That's why I love writing mods for this forum ^^