Topic: Recipient address rejected

Hello,

I have a problem only on one topic of my forum, it's a big topic (~6324 posts) and users have often the same problem when they wants to post in this topic :

An error was encountered
    Error: Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the forum administrator with the following error message reported by the SMTP server: "550 : Recipient address rejected: Domain not found ".

The message is posted but users think not, so they repost... then there are 2 posts...

Email and other topic work good...

What can i do ?

Re: Recipient address rejected

For some reason, one of the users that subscribe to that topic has an e-mail address that is rejected by your mail server. What's the ID of the topic?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

The topic : http://forum.sonata-arctica.info/viewtopic.php?id=331

But it's not regular, some users can post and that's good, others not.

Run the following query and see if any of the e-mail addresses look odd:

SELECT u.id, u.email FROM users u INNER JOIN subscriptions s ON s.user_id = u.id WHERE s.topic_id = 331;
"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks, It's good !

Might I ask what the problem was?

7 (edited by Xzorg6 2006-03-08 15:59)

Yes, I email to user who subscribe to the topic, and I receive an error from one.
So I delete it from the base subscribe with the id of the user and the topic.

Can't PunBB manage this kind of problem?
If the email is not valid, that it does not post an error message.

Yes, I've put it on the list.