Topic: Paths

It seems that linux is case sensative, that I would have to use windows hosting for it not be, but then I would loose my php or some equally disturbing nonsense.

Anway, I didnt stop to think about this when I set up my site and forum, and now you have to type in the address to the forum exactly, title cases and all. Is there a way to add additional paths in some config file or something that would include several different ways to get there i.e. lowercase, just typing the base url and forum or something? I have seen other websites do it, I guess they are call redirect urls? I am not sure, but what do I need to change or is there a mod for this somewhere that I havent found yet?

Thanks~!

Re: Paths

in your comparisons, use strtolower();

Thanks for the reply, I guess I should have included that I just started using php about a week ago and prior to that I didnt know what it was other than I sometimes see it in the extension of some website addresses.

where would I find "in your comparisons, use strtolower();" Does that enable the end user to user lower case?

I am still looking for a way to use redirect urls, is this possible?

Well, I understand that you have problems with checking if your base URL is correct because you make mistakes with capitals. Well, when checking the Base URL, you should be using strtolower() on each part of the if satement (ie: if(strtolower($baseurl) == strtolower($otherthing)) { // Do yay } )

In what file?

dunno tongue

7 (edited by nectere 2006-03-21 21:47)

got what I needed thanks