Topic: How to integrate into a table?

I am sorry if this question has already been addresses somewhere on this forum, but I have not found anything about it...

I have an existing table layout in a php (or it can be html as well, no matter) and in one of the cells I want the whole punbb forum to apper

like this

table
tr
td
inculde index.php (index php of the forum)
/td
/tr
/tabble

unfortunately, this does not work, as by using a table, the index.php forget all CSS and style, and falls into pieces, though still works.

Is there a way to make the forum appeas in a fixed width table

thank you

Re: How to integrate into a table?

look at moding the header tpl and the footer
kind of like intergrating wordpress with punbb
this is the script you need to intergrate other stuff into punbb

<?php

define('PUN_ROOT', './');
define('PUN_QUIET_VISIT', 1);
require PUN_ROOT.'include/common.php';

//Set the page title here
$page_title = pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_config['o_board_title']) . ' / Chat';
define('PUN_ALLOW_INDEX', 1);
require PUN_ROOT.'header.php';
require PUN_ROOT.'include/parser.php';

?>
YOUR PHP OR HTML GOES HERE

<?php

require PUN_ROOT.'footer.php';
save as yourfile.php
then u can go in to admin-options create a link.

http://nalan.org/test.php
i was playing with making my own gallery there.
or use frontpage_punbb

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

"this is the script you need to intergrate other stuff into punbb"

well, in fact, I am trying to ingegrate punbb into other stuff :-)

anyway, I will look at the head.tpl though I am not quite sure what I should change....

i do not have header.tpl but I have header.php did you mean that?

i have included the followings in the header.php, but the outcome is the same, no style handling at all

*****echo '<table width="940" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><td><tr>';*****

no matter if I include it before or after the header calls the css

well, know I can put the table tags in the header and the footer, and the forum keeps its styling, but does not care at all about the table.... so, the forum now is in a table cell (I believe) but the size of that cell does not effect at all the outlook of the forum

can anybody help please?

anybody?

Ok, be a bit more patient, if you wait chances are someone will answer you.

First of all read the documentation. Particularly - http://punbb.org/docs/faq.html#faq3_3

Unfortunately, the link you have offered contains NO INFORMATION (really, I have already read that) about ways of integrating the whole forum into a particular site of an already existing design.... just to make it clear,  my intention is not to change or add header + footer to the template.... what I would like to achieve is to make the whole forum appear in a cell of a table, which table is part of a very complex design....

I am patient, but it seems nobody has really read what my question is about.... I do not want to customize the forum, I want to make it appear in a cell AS IS

BC wrote:

Unfortunately, the link you have offered contains NO INFORMATION (really, I have already read that) about ways of integrating the whole forum into a particular site of an already existing design.... just to make it clear,  my intention is not to change or add header + footer to the template.... what I would like to achieve is to make the whole forum appear in a cell of a table, which table is part of a very complex design....

I am patient, but it seems nobody has really read what my question is about.... I do not want to customize the forum, I want to make it appear in a cell AS IS

First of all, to reiterate what Connorhd said, please be patient. It's only been what, two days since you posted your question?

Now, on to business. I'm not all that experienced with integration (oh, wait, make that not experienced at all wink ), but it would appear to me you have two options:

1) You say that you added necessary table tags to the header and footer, and thus the forum is now in a table cell, properly styled, but not properly fit to the size of the surrounding table, correct? Wouldn't this just be a matter of editing the CSS files to give forum elements a proper width?

2) Start over and do something like this instead (I'm presuming this is along the lines of what Connorhd was suggesting by pointing you to the docs):

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

<html dir="<pun_content_direction>">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<pun_char_encoding>" />
<pun_head>
</head>
<body>

<!-- BC's layout stuff -->
<table>
    <tr>
        <td>
<!-- / end BC's layout stuff -->
        <div id="punwrap">
        <div id="pun<pun_page>" class="pun">

<pun_main>

</div>
        </div>
<!-- BC's layout stuff -->
        </td>
    </tr>
</table>
<!-- / end BC's layout stuff -->

</body>
</html>

Do you get the idea? Just replace include/template/main.tpl with something like that.

If you still have trouble, please remember that in order to help you, others need a decent amount of information about your issue. Especially when dealing with layouts, a link and/or a screenshot (preferably both, IMO) can be particularly useful.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

BC wrote:

You are not going to achieve it by simply including the forum in your own php (at least not easily) it is much easier to add your header and footer (yes i know you want it to be in the cell of the table but as pogenwurst demonstrated that can be split up into a header and a footer) which is customising your forum. I did read what your question was about.

Anyway pogenwurst has given more detailed instructions of what i meant.

pogenwurst!

Thank you for your help! Two days in an urgent situation seems like a 100 ;-)
Your comment was the first really helpful one in this topic.

I will definetly try what you have suggested, thank you for the idea!

pogenwurst!

thank you once again, what you have suggested works brilliently :-)

Hey hey... Yes it works really fine. Thanks a lot!

MENatWEBSITE.com
Web Development Service, New South Wales, Australia.

Hello.....Please help me...I want to integrate punbb in my web site,i want to include the forum in another page white the fonction php include.
I use this code <?php include("punbb/index.php"); ?> but it is not work...Whate can i do to integrate him in my page and then in my site.

look at the main.tpl inside the include/template

search google for " punbb wordpress" there are some css template integration.

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!