Topic: License of Html Code

If I developed a forum with other programming language, say, Java, C#, and used punbb's Html code for layout, do I have to publish all source codes including which is nothing to do with UI?

I'm here to learn English...
So, don't laugh at me because of my poor grammar... but point it out, Thank you.
Drag Reducing Agents

Re: License of Html Code

You can always see HTML code smile Just make sure you leave a copyright notice somewhere I guess.

Yes, I know to protect copyright of html is hard.
I just want to know, if I modified PunBB's excellent Html Code to meet my need, do I have to publish all my source codes of my web application.

So, don't laugh at me because of my poor grammar... but point it out, Thank you.
Drag Reducing Agents

I think so. If you use GPL licensed code in your app then I think your app will also have to be GPL. The fact that it is html rather than programming code makes no difference.

Oh, thanks, I see.

But can I modify GPL licensed codes for only my company, and never sell/publish it?
Or in any case I used that codes, I have to publish my codes?

Drag Reducing Agents

You can do what you like with the code. The GPL licence only requires you to preserve the copyright notices in the head of the files and, if you distribute the application then you have to distribute the source code. If you won't be distributing the application then  there is no problem. Nobody can force you to distribute it for other people to use.

Thanks for your help, paul. Just wondering release of punbb 1.3.

Drag Reducing Agents