Topic: Displayed version of PunBB wrong

I grabbed punbb-1.2.11.tar.bz2 and installed it. But the footer shows "Powered by PunBB 1.2.10" and the version check in the admin area shows the same. When I click on "Check for upgrade" I am told that there is a new version available.
But it must be 1.2.11 because the patches which were integrated in 1.2.10 to make it 1.2.11 are there (IP flooding).

is this just a small glitch which I can fix? I have users who are looking for such things. sad

wobo

FSFE Fellow #359 - The Freedom of Knowledge is a Human Right

Re: Displayed version of PunBB wrong

You probably only upgraded your files and didn't run the update script right? Download the Version changer plugin and change the version manually.

I did not upgrade anything. As I wrote, I downloaded the 1.2.11 tarball and installed it. It's a fresh installation, no upgrade.

wobo

wobo,

That's odd, cause the install.php in the tar.bz2 says:

// The PunBB version this script installs
$punbb_version = '1.2.11';

Ah, then I know the culprit! Thanks for pointing me into the right direction.
As you may know from my poor English: I am a German. So I used the German installer, offered on the German PunBB site. It's advertized as "German installer for 1.2.11" but it really is the 1.2.10 installer - which seems to work for 1.2.11 as well except for the version number.

I wiped the fresh installation and used the original install.php and now I have 1.2.11 written all over the place. smile

wobo