Topic: How to not allow users to change styles...

Is it possible to make it so that users can't change styles at all?  I changed the css files for the base installation  color scheme and I like it. I don't want users to be able to change it, but I can't find a way to turn it off so they can't.

Anyone have an idea?  Is it possible to change the profile.php and tell it not too around line 1373?

// Only display the style selection box if there's more than one style available
        if (count($styles) == 1)
            echo "\t\t\t".'<div><input type="hidden" name="form[style]" value="'.$styles[0].'" /></div>'."\n";
        else if (count($styles) > 1)
        {
            natsort($styles);

?>
                <div class="inform">
                    <fieldset>
                        <legend><?php echo $lang_profile['Style legend'] ?></legend>
                        <div class="infldset">
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['Style info'] ?><br />

<select name="form[style]">
<?php

while (list(, $temp) = @each($styles))
            {
                if ($user['style'] == $temp)
                    echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<option value="'.$temp.'" selected="selected">'.str_replace('_', ' ', $temp).'</option>'."\n";
                else
                    echo "\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t".'<option value="'.$temp.'">'.str_replace('_', ' ', $temp).'</option>'."\n";
            }

Re: How to not allow users to change styles...

i got a simpler way remove all the style but one!

been know to leave
evil giggles behind..

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

quaker wrote:

i got a simpler way remove all the style but one!

been know to leave
evil giggles behind..

Q

I was wondering that...but exactly which files should I remove?  Just the css files?

All the css files apart from your default style from the styles directory. You can also remove the unwanted colour scheme css files from the styles/imports directory apart from the one you need. Do not remove base.css.

Paul wrote:

All the css files apart from your default style from the styles directory. You can also remove the unwanted colour scheme css files from the styles/imports directory apart from the one you need. Do not remove base.css.

Thanks.  That did the trick perfectly...I was hesitant to go removing files without questioning things first smile

anything but the base.css base_cs.css css files.....

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!