Topic: Mark As Read 1.1.3 questions...

I've asked this on the Pun/Res forums and have not received much of a response...but here is my question.

I have PunBB 1.2.12 installed. When you try to run the install_mod.php file for the Mark as Read mod, it tells me that I have to be running PunBB 1.2.5.

According to everything I can see....1.2.12 is the most recent version of punbb. Exactly what is 1.2.5?
Can I use the AP Changer plugin and just change my punbb version long enough to install this mod?  If I do this...will the mod even work correctly?
I read somewhere else that you can change the version in the install_mod.php file. Easy enough, but I have the same questions. If I get it to install and do what it's supposed to do, will it work on my current install of 1.2.12 (the most recent version)?

I just need to know if I am going to have any problems after I install this mod to my site.

Thank you in advance guys.

Re: Mark As Read 1.1.3 questions...

I will most likely work, although line numbers could be different wink

Just add '1.2.12' in the versions array in install_mod.php smile

elbekko wrote:

I will most likely work, although line numbers could be different wink

Just add '1.2.12' in the versions array in install_mod.php smile

It should most likely work....alright smile   I don't have time to try and install it right now, but I will tonight or tomorrow and post back if it did or not. I'm just crossing my fingers and make my database backups before I do anything.

If it's alright, I do have a quick question.  The install file for this mod is....interesting to say the least.

Most install files will tell you to find a specific line and tell you what text you are looking for. The very first line to look for in this install file reads like this:

#---------[ 4. OPEN ]---------------------------------------------------------
#

header.php

#
#---------[ 5. FIND (line: 176) ]---------------------------------------------
#

else

#
#---------[ 6. BEFORE, ADD ]--------------------------------------------------
#

// MOD: MARK TOPICS AS READ - 2 LINES NEW CODE FOLLOW
    else if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'viewforum.php')
        $tpl_temp .= '</ul>'."\n\t\t\t".'<p class="conr"><a href="misc.php?action=markforumread&id='.$id.'">'.$lang_common['Mark forum as read'].'</a></p>'."\n\t\t\t".'<div class="clearer"></div>'."\n\t\t".'</div>';

#

That's great, but line 176 is supposed to just read, "else"?  There's a lot of places that could just say else.  My line 176 does not say else...line 173 does, but without any other clues as to what text this is supposed to go in front of, it does not help much. Just like elbekko said, some of line numbers will be different.

I'm not a php guru so I am a little hesitant to start dropping this code in and seeing what happens. I guess I shouldn't worry too much about it though and just try it out...but you all know what it's like to have mistakes happen and lose information on accident.

Well, just as a side note in case anybody else tries this or wonders if it will work...but it did.  I changed the install_mod file to reflect the most current version of PunBB and ran through the mod installation.

Everything seems to be working fine after some testing this morning.  This topic can be closed unless someone else needs it.