1 (edited by helter 2006-07-17 01:50)

Topic: PunBB "Userbar"

Hello,

I've created a PunBB "userbar" (350x19px) which at the moment are somewhat popular with users of forums. It seems like everywhere I look, they are around so I figured in support for PunBB I'd design one myself for PunBB users.

Enjoy.

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4619/punbbubbl9.jpg

Re: PunBB "Userbar"

Pretty nice smile Although I don't like how you chopped a part off the logo...

This is looking great .... will use it  on some forums hehe big_smile

4 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2006-07-17 16:08)

elbekko wrote:

Pretty nice smile Although I don't like how you chopped a part off the logo...

that's part of the fad. big_smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

I made one myself... just messing around with CS2 tongue
http://icstrategy.midgetforhire.com/Images/PunBB/punbb%20userbar.png

Oh, and does it only happen to me that photoshop always wants to close when i press CTRL+Z? =/

Nice job helter!

There's also a nice one at PunBB.tox.pl.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

7 (edited by helter 2006-07-17 19:44)

elbekko wrote:

I made one myself... just messing around with CS2 tongue
Oh, and does it only happen to me that photoshop always wants to close when i press CTRL+Z? =/

Thats weird, in all the years I've used Photoshop I've never had that problem. Nor have I ever heard of anyone having that problem.

Have you tried a reinstall? maybe it got jumbled when you installed it, I don't know, worth a shot perhaps.

Also, thanks for the positive feedback guys.

I'm guessing something went wrong when updating to 9.0.1 =/

I found this topic while searching something else.
Now, because I really do not understand what a userbar is, what it is capablel of, how to use or install one...
I searched both forums (bb+res) but this is about it, so if you see this could you please enlighten me some?
Thanks,
TwoHawks

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

A Userbar is a small image that is usually put in signatures, like Helter's, or in a lesser extend, mine.

elbekko wrote:

A Userbar is a small image that is usually put in signatures, like Helter's, or in a lesser extend, mine.

Sooooo...it's a signature picture? Why is it called a userbar? I've never heard of any pic in someone's sig called that before.

Because it's supposed to express the user or something... anyway, link: http://userbars.com/

Interesting.  I had no idea that they came up with a name and webpage for personalized sigs...ahahaha.  That's ironically awesome.

14 (edited by twohawks 2006-10-11 02:28)

That's funny.  Thank you, elBekko.
What I thought it had to do with was, well I went to iatbm's site link there and at the top is this interesting 'bar' that says 'welcome guest login|register' ...and well I thought, hmmm... maybe if I was logged in I would have some menu's available for me in this 'bar' that do not have to do with global stuff on the site, but somehow to do with me as a 'user'. 
   Thus, being different from the global menu's, i.e. being user-targetted somehow, I thought... I wonder if that's the deal, and just what are these guys up to anyway?!

Hence, 'that's funny'.  However, I dunno.. maybe something like this has a reason to exist, and/or already does?
Cheers,

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool