1 (edited by activebiz 2006-08-06 13:38)

Topic: Plugins INSTALLING

sad Could not find anywhere the documentation on how the heck to install ANY plugin.
I downloaded the calendar plugin, uploaded it to the plugins folder and all that happen was that it reverted to the default style - but no plugin showed up - still only the "Example".
It would really be helpful for a newbie of punbb to KNOW how to install plugins.
There is no instruction in the calendar plugin either. The readme text only shows what the plugin is about.

I need to install several plugins. Can anyone tell me where I can find info on that, since in the basic documentation this is not covered at all.
Thanx

Re: Plugins INSTALLING

You don't install plugins, you drag/drop them into the plugins directory.
Their filenames start with either AP or AMP.

I did exactly that - but no plugin shows up in my admin. Example is the only thing thats there

Warning: main(calendar/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home23a/sub003/sc21861-SKSL/spacemarathon.com/forum/plugins/AP_Calendar_Settings.php on line 37

but the file IS WRITABLE - I checked, and everything is correct - but keep getting the db warnings and plugin does not show, what I see now in plugins is : Calendar settings, thats it.
Can not set anything because of the db warning coming up.

This really stinks - HOPE that simply deleting that stupid plugin will take care of things and revert to the basic forum install I had done just before that plugin.
I like the board, but obviously it has its quirks regarding plugins.

It is NOT just simply drop a plugin in to the folder - if it were so, I would not have this problem.

Yes, it is
However, you are installing the Calendar MOD. Which means you have other things to add as well. Plugins can not modify existing functionality and are only for mods and admins. And the plugin doesn't edit any other files or touch them in any way wink

6 (edited by Paul 2006-08-06 14:09)

I didn't even know we had a calendar plugin. I know there is a calendar mod but thats a completely different thing. Where did you get it?

EDIT: Smarty's beat me to it.

from the main site under mods and plugins section, there are several downloads.
But - I deleted that plugin, then nothing really changed other than that the settings did not show anymore, but the db error was still showing -
so, I simply re-installed just now [because it also did not log me out at all as admin - had cookies emptied] -
now, it works again fine.
I really want to use this board - LOl.
Thanks for the quick replies.

I downloaded the database backup and restore plugin and uploaded it using wsftp7 to the plugins folder. I was online in my bb at the time and after refreshing the acp page, the plug in appeared. The backup process worked, I havent tested the restore function yet and I need to look at the table schema in the downloaded sql script to test out the sql query functionality. I am a former database developer. My main experience is with sql server 6.5 and 2000 however, and I know mySQL is a lot different smile

Thanks.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it doesn't go away."