Topic: IPB to Pun Conversion - Is it possible without major headaches?

I am looking for some help on a forum conversion for an ecommerce support forum that I am involved with.

We are interested in using PunBB for our support forums since it appears to be the best compliant forum available.  Currently we are using Invision 1.2 and would like to upgrade to Pun.

However, the converter does not seem to work for us.  I noticed that the converter has not been updated for sometime...   Can anyone verify that the converter works for IPB 1.2?

We have a huge forum with thousands of users and tens of thousands of posts.

http://www.clickcartpro.com/forum/index.php

Is this conversion doable?

Thanks for any insight on this.

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

Re: IPB to Pun Conversion - Is it possible without major headaches?

What doesn't work about it (I can try and modify it to fix any bugs)

You could always make another Invision 1.2 board on a private site, make like 5 users, and 10 posts (a couple sticky, a few with bb code, etc). Then run the conversion on the smaller board. It would make finding the parts that are broken much easier.

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

These are the error were having.

After the initial installation of Pun which appeared to go well, I installed the converter and hit it via my browser. The converter gave a generic no database selected error from MySQL when attempting to connect to the database. I did some debugging and all parameters were passed correctly to the connection function. It simply did not recognize the script was connected. I was going to attempt a IPB 1.2 to Pun conversion (I know the converter is for 1.3) but never got that far as the db wouldn't connect for the converter.

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

Todd wrote:

These are the error were having.

After the initial installation of Pun which appeared to go well, I installed the converter and hit it via my browser. The converter gave a generic no database selected error from MySQL when attempting to connect to the database. I did some debugging and all parameters were passed correctly to the connection function. It simply did not recognize the script was connected. I was going to attempt a IPB 1.2 to Pun conversion (I know the converter is for 1.3) but never got that far as the db wouldn't connect for the converter.

Enable debug mode on the blank PunBB and post the error

The converter was not saving session info out and PunBB requires session info for nearly everything.  Once that was working, we were able to do the coversion.

PunBB works fine - the converter didn't - until we added a session_save_path to the top of index.php in the migration directory before the session_start() call.

The migration went extemely well.  Thanks everyone for all your help and suggestions!