Topic: Integration with eGroupware

Hi,

I'm running eGroupware (www.egroupware.org), and would very much like to see PunBB integrated into eGW. I've tried to like fudforum (the only integrated board), but it's both buggy and bloated.

After reading through eGW's forums, it seems to be very easy to integrate other software with eGW. However, I can't code at all, so I'm unfortunately dependant for help.

I'm quite sure that if made available, PunBB would be almost exclusively used as forum software by all the eGW-installations out there.

Jan Terje

Re: Integration with eGroupware

Yeah, I had a time evaluating FUDforum since it's in one huge install file that causes problems on certain systems.

I agree that PunBB would make a great addition to any groupware app, it's just finding an interested developer willing to take the time to do the integration.

What would you like to see in terms of integration?

I'm happy you agree.

In terms of integration (if I understand you correctly), there's mostly the shared login I can think of. Right now I can't see any great benefits of integrating it with any other apps. What eGW sorely need is a fast, clean and well-written forum, which PubBB is.

I've also posted in eGW's forums about this, but it hasn't generated any replies.

Jan Terje

Jan, when PunBB 1.3 is released, it will have a new extension system.

I see this facilitating all kinds of integration with outside apps without having to mess around with the underlying code base. I plan on using PunBB as the central user base for my sites, so the front end CMS and backend gallery will authenticate with the forum for permission.

Whenever this is accomplished, I'll make a post on this forum, if it's done right, it can be used by other apps.