Topic: phpbb to punbb converter problem

Hi,
When using the PunBBMigration Tool 1.4.0 -and even though I follow all instructions carefully- I always get this error message when trying to convert a PhpBB forum to PunBB:

"Unable to fetch guest information. The table 'users' must contain an entry with id = 1 that represents anonymous users."

The funny thing is there are NO anonymous or guest users in the forum I am trying to convert.
Any ideas?

Re: phpbb to punbb converter problem

That's odd, it sounds like it's not adding a Guest for you
Anyway, here's the query to add a Guest user

INSERT INTO prefixusers (group_id, username, password, email) VALUES(3, 'Guest', 'Guest', 'Guest')

Replace prefix with your db_prefix

3 (edited by spytrdr 2006-10-05 14:03)

I give up. For some mysterious reason, the conversion is not working, I keep getting that same error message.
Perhaps it would be easier to convert an offline .sql file backup manually (with a text editor) to punBB instead of using the converter? I have no idea really, but maybe it's just a matter of replacing or renaming a few things here and there.
I need a volunteer who can help me convert one small phpBB forum (the backup is around 1mb large) to punBB. If that works, then I have another one, around 11mb large, that needs converting too.

I'll do it, just send me the backup
smartys@gmail.com

It's on the way.
Thanks Smartys.

And replied with a converted dump wink