Topic: admin login error

Hi;

First of all, I'd like thank everyone made this site.

3 days ago, I've created my first forum to meet with people from my university, but when I try to login with my admin id and password it gives an error. I tried "Forgotten your password?" many times but it seems that my id isn't being accepted as it was containing nonenglish symbols.

I wonder if there's a way to reset the forum; don't wanna loose the name or change it at all.

Thanks for the answers.

Re: admin login error

Are you talking about using a free host? If so, the place to ask would be their support forums, not here
If not, you could simply insert an admin user directly into the database

Well, I think I couldn't explain it clearly.

Problem is every time I try to login to forum, I get a warning that says my id/password is wrong; however even after retrieving a new password it doesn't login as well.

Try changing your login ID in the database, take out the "nonenglish" character and see if that works.
The database table you are looking for is "*users", the field would be "usersname". (usersname is what you refer to as login ID I gues)

Your hosting provider probely has a way to edit the database manualy, most of the time this is done true phpMyAdmin (unless you are using some sort of free hosting).

or simply reinstall the whole forum if posible ...
maybe a link to your forum could help us a bit wink

Linux is like a wigwam. No windows. No gates. Just an Apache inside.