Topic: Where is forum info data stored?

Hey - I'm having a weird problem with my forums. They've been working fine for weeks, then all of a sudden my Options data reset to the default settings ("My PunBB forum") and when I go to a forum I get a "Forum is empty" message, plus an error at the top stating "Warning: Division by zero in /forums/viewforum.php on line 70"

I've checked the database and the messages all appear to still be there. I have backups, I'm just not sure where to look.

Re: Where is forum info data stored?

How odd
Remove all the .php files from your cache directory

Have you made any changes to the source, or replaced files? Have you verified config.php to make sure everything in there is correct?

4 (edited by tdominey 2006-10-28 12:53)

Cache cleared of everything. No change.

I haven't made any changes to the source, or replaced any files. I checked config.php against a backed up copy of the same file, and they're identical.

I poked around in the MySQL db using phpmyadmin, and the pbb_config table containts all the default settings for conf_value. The other tables for "categories" and "forums" contain the correct data. It just doesn't appear that the two are connecting.

To test whether it was the database or the install, I uploaded a new copy of PunBB, replaced it's config file with the one from my other install, and the forums behaved exactly the same.

Any other ideas? Thanks.

Link?

Smartys wrote:

Link?

http://slideshowpro.net/forums/

OK, here's the issue (I think)

In functions.php

$pun_user['disp_topics'] = $pun_config['o_disp_topics_default'];
        $pun_user['disp_posts'] = $pun_config['o_disp_posts_default'];

I believe $pun_config['o_disp_topics_default'] and $pun_config['o_disp_posts_default'] are set to 0: change them in Admin Options smile

Changed them both to 50 and *zing* the messages appear again. Thanks SO MUCH for the help. Doesn't explain how those values got reset, but I'll take it.

tdominey wrote:

Changed them both to 50 and *zing* the messages appear again. Thanks SO MUCH for the help. Doesn't explain how those values got reset, but I'll take it.

No problem, glad to help smile