Topic: Non-moderators as moderators or otherwise

I have a forum that I only want certain people to access. This forum should only be accessible by them and nobody else. Fine, I set everyone I want to the group... now, here's the problem:
One of these people is a moderator. I only want this moderator to be able to access the forum, so I can't allow all moderators in. Also, I want him to be a moderator, so I can't just make him belong to the group.

This makes me want one of two changes: Multigroups, where a user may belong to many groups (which, IMHO, is the best fix), or making the obvious option where, if a moderator's able to moderate a forum, he should see it.

Re: Non-moderators as moderators or otherwise

In PunBB 1.3 you will be able to create multiple moderator groups. Should solve your problem.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Personally, I'd rather have any user belonging to multiple groups, that having to go around seeing what moderator group has what permission, and having to create a new group if I want them in one or another bunch...

Well I think the simplist way to do it is let you designate any group as a moderator group.

I know the biggest issue I have is that I have forums that not everyone should be seeing, even people i designate as a moderator don't get rights to all forums.  As it stands now, moderators will have to see everything.