Topic: "The server was unable to save the uploaded file" (avatars)

I have a problem with avatars. I cant' upload them. I'm choosing acceptable avatar from my computer, its tiny enough but again I have this error message: The server was unable to save the uploaded file.
What should I do?

Re: "The server was unable to save the uploaded file" (avatars)

Is this at a forum you run?

yep

Is the avatars directory correctly chmodded?

In profile.php
FIND

if (!@move_uploaded_file($uploaded_file['tmp_name'], $pun_config['o_avatars_dir'].'/'.$id.'.tmp'))

Remove the @

Then try uploading again and paste the error you get

Warning: move_uploaded_file(img/avatars/2.tmp) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cl2druj4/public_html/profile.php on line 365

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/php5BcuPt' to 'img/avatars/2.tmp' in /home/cl2druj4/public_html/profile.php on line 365

toggie wrote:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(img/avatars/2.tmp) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cl2druj4/public_html/profile.php on line 365

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/php5BcuPt' to 'img/avatars/2.tmp' in /home/cl2druj4/public_html/profile.php on line 365

Looks like you still have to chmod it then! wink

Yet Another Happy PunBB Admin!

http://driverpacks.net/

Which file I have to chmod?

Try chmodding the avatars folder

I dont have avatars folder. I'm trying to uploading the avatar from my computer. But I cant.

On your server, in the place you uploaded your forum to, there's a folder called img. Within that is a folder called avatars. It's where uploaded avatars are saved. It can't be written to, apparently.

Ok it works. Thanks.