Topic: Min width solution?

I want to be able to set the minimum width of all the content on my punBB site, so that if a user scales his browser window below 820px wide, the user will have to scoll horizontally to see the content.  This minimum width accommodates the logo within the header.  So far I've been able to do this with every browser except IE.  I'm sure there's some CSS setting I'm overlooking.  What is it?

Site: LawHogs.com.

Thanks!!

Re: Min width solution?

http://www.mezzoblue.com/archives/2004/ … estepping/

Lack of support for min-width and max-width

Again comparing to all other browsers on the market, IE is the only one that doesn?t support the CSS2 properties min-width and max-width (which have been a standard since 1997, incidentally). These are incredibly useful for controlling larger areas of type, particularly when setting line length limits to aid in readability.

The trick to getting around min-width in IE is actually pretty easy. IE treats width as if it were min-width. By exploiting the fact that IE doesn?t support child selectors either (more on this later) we can create a simple bit of code that doesn?t allow a browser window to shrink below a certain size:

body {
width: 700px;
}
html>body {
width: auto;
min-width: 700px;
}

Re: Min width solution?

Incredible.  I guess this isn't the first time this problem has arisen.  Immeasurable thanks to Smartys.