Topic: Need some help on a sql query

Hey there.
Ok... in order to get the archive script complete i need to fix this.

Can anybody check this topic and help me out with the sql with is use to get the resultset set in the variable $result2.

Basicaly i want to query the db for all the forum names and ids that a guest can read.
I think that needs a left and an inner join. I tryed it out but i not used at all to the usage of join. Could somebody help me?  It's one query roll

Re: Need some help on a sql query

I fixed it. I understand nobody answered, this a tricky one.
In fact, I dont think this is possible to do with pure sql as we are considering a lot of assumptions that don't lie in the stored data itself.
I changed a bit the aplication and got to the solution without sending a load of queries to the database.

Check how index.php does it? tongue

It's not exactly the same query. The way my script was made i had to query category by category.
But i will have look. I thought about doing that before, but i wasl lazy :S

Well, that's the way you coded it. However, you now have 2 + x queries, where x is the number of categories returned by the first query. You could turn it all into one query using the index.php query wink

Well, first of all thank you for this talk and your tips.

I gave a look at the query on index.php on line 42. It's a long one. At a first look i think i could only change the group_id to 3. But i think i will leave that improvement for later. That would imply some more work in the rest of the code and at the moment i feel more like enjoying the script big_smile. Either efficiently or not it's fully working.

I leave that to a future version of this little module, it can be nice  to a have something to do when i get bored wink