Topic: News Generator - archive generation issue

I'm using News Generator on my site and I've got it set up to display 5 items at a time. Because of the way the plugin generates archives, if I post more than 5 items in the current month, the older items from that month don't get displayed until the month after.

For example, if I post 10 news items today, I will only be able to view 5 of them. When I generate news again on 1st February, it will make a January archive page with all January items on.

I want to adjust the script to generate the January archive page during January.

It comes down to this line:

while ($year_end > $year_limit || $month_end > $month_limit)

If you change it to

while ($year_end >= $year_limit || $month_end >= $month_limit)

then it will generate the January archive page, but curiously it also generates an html file called 10-01.html as well as 2007-01.html.

Also, it appears to get stuck in an infinite loop.

Does anyone how to fix this issue?

--
Incidentally, I have also modified my version of punBB so that news is generated automatically after posting/editing/deleting. If anyone's interested I can post details of this once I've fixed this archive issue. Cheers.

Re: News Generator - archive generation issue

I've worked around it, so no worries... smile

3 (edited by parabolart 2007-03-14 00:57)

Please explain how you:

modified my version of punBB so that news is generated automatically after posting/editing/deleting

and how you

worked around it

Thanks.

parabolart wrote:

Please explain how you:

modified my version of punBB so that news is generated automatically after posting/editing/deleting

this can be done using extern.php like in this example

5 (edited by parabolart 2007-03-14 01:29)

naitkris wrote:

this can be done using extern.php like in this example

Thanks, but I'm looking for specifically the static version to maintain an archive.