Topic: style guide

From what i read out there in the forums this is a bit of a taboo, but allow me to be curious. Is there any work being done concerning a style guide?
I checked punres wiki and it had very little documentation on this. Somebody with good html/css knowledge could contribute with a complete style document for dummies with a few common style tweak examples.

Then... don't be to violent on me if you have answered these questions a thousand times before...

Will version 1.3 styles be compatible with current ones?
What is the difference beetwin a style and a template?

Re: style guide

Moved to PunBB Discussion

Will version 1.3 styles be compatible with current ones?

No

What is the difference beetwin a style and a template?

Templates are HTML, styles are CSS which styles the template's HTML tongue

A style is created using a stylesheet. A template is markup. PunBB doesn't really use templates except to a limited extent so all styles/themes are created using css only.

Version 1.3 won't be compatible with the 1.2 and vice versa though updating current styles will be easy enough.

There really isn't much point in a style guide since it would only be a guide to one style. I could create three different styles for PunBB and do each of them in a completely different way. If anything what we need is a markup guide which those who have a reasonable knowledge of css can use. We also need some radically different default styles so people who want to tinker with an existing style rather than creating a new one have a number of different styles to start from.

mmm... i see... thank you both for the quick replies.

So, if i got it right punbb is getting some changes in the markup so one could have even more flexibility from the css, did i got it right?

Correct smile