Topic: login error

I keep getting this error while trying to install punnbb:

An error occured.
PunBB reported: Passwords do not match. Please go back and correct.

I don't know why because all the info is correct. Which passwoird/login does it mean?
regards
Steve

Re: login error

The admin password?

Hi, I have punbb installed and am entering my admin login and password. The message page comes up and says that i have logged in successfully and am redirecting. TYhe next page says that i am not logged in? Is this the same login and pw in config.php?
thanks

Are you running any kind of software which could cause problems, Norton Internet Security comes to mind. Are you sure cookies are enabled and not being blocked?

Not running any internet security s/w and cookies are enabled?

Could this be the problem?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Nope I am using firefox. This happened after the install i was asked to login to get the admin panel and i havn't been able to yet. Used firefox for the install.
steve

Could you provide a link to the forum?

I have seen this behavior with cookies disabled, possibly scripts.
And firefox is set to allow cookies, right?
Also, if you have any other cookie blockers or such running, you want to add your forum to the 'allow' list(s)'.

TwoHawks
Love is the Function
No Form is the Tool

Yes cookies are enabled. I see 4 associated with my sites url under phpmyadmin path.
I don't have any cookie blockers (that i am aware of) running.
thanks

I tried it with ie7 and same thing?

Is it running on a subdomain. Could it be an incorrect cookie path?

I tried to reactivate my password and get this message:

The specified password activation key was incorrect or has expired. Please re-request a new password. If that fails, contact the forum administrator at ###@#####.com

thanks

Paul wrote:

Is it running on a subdomain. Could it be an incorrect cookie path?

That's what I'm thinking, which is why a link would be helpful: then I (or someone else) can double check the headers sent with the cookie.

Here is the link:

http://www.athensaeros.on.ca/forum/index.php

thanks

I figured out the prob. I had a closing ?> in my config.php
thanks for the help.
Steve.

Just to be clear. You can have a closing ?> in your config.php just as long as you don't have any spaces or linebreaks (or any content for that matter) after the ?>.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hi!

I have a strange problem with login.I cant login to my forum with IE,only with FF or Opera etc.

I have removen the // ,so i cant imagine what can be the problem sad