1 (edited by senntient 2007-02-18 06:33)

Topic: Member email list?

I'm pretty sure this is about the stupidest question asked here, but...

Can anyone explain how to access a list of emails for all members? (not the user list - that doesn't "list" email addresses)

I've tried to find where this data is stored to no avail.  Any ideas? =/

Re: Member email list?

That data is stored on the database... I'm sure there's a user management related mod/plugin that let's you send an e-mail to all users (if that's what you want). If your talking about making your own mod, the just list the e-mails stored in the users table. If your looking for an easy way, search punres for a user management mod. I remeber hearing about 1 or 2 that let you send off e-mails to all registered users... forget what they were called though tongue

PS: In a "vanilla" or original punbb install you have to click on each user in the user list, and then in thier profile you can see the info (if your an admin, I think if your a mod too?)

echo "deadram"; echo; fortune;

Re: Member email list?

Thanks, deadram.  Ah... *slaps forehead* ...I'm still programmed to think like UBB... with all the info in the same location... Yes, database... me go there... smile

I did do a lot of searching actually, but was unable to find a mod or function for this - perhaps my search criteria was just incorrect.

I guess I have one flavor of vanilla.  Maybe I should upgrade to Baskin Robbins =P