Topic: Image upload problem

Hi all,

I installed image upload mod, everything looks ok, the files are uploaded ok in the /uploads folder but the thumbnails are missing. The /uploads folder is writable dunno what the problem could be.
San for errors command returns: Missing thumbnails.

Anyone can help?

Thanks,
-soso

Re: Image upload problem

Moved to Modifications

I found this comment directed at someone who was missing thumbnails:

Try accessing <uri of your forum>/include/phpThumb/demo/phpThumb.demo.demo.php
At the top of the page there will be a note that will tell you if GD lib installed on your server and what version it is. Ideally, you want to see something like this: "Note: this server is working on GD 'bundled (2.0.28 compatible)', so images should be of optimal quality." If you get a different message, you may need to contact your web host and see if they can help you there.

Alreay tried that and I do have GD installed...
(Sorry for posting in the wrong forum)

-soso

Ok people in case someone hits this same error... after a long debug session the problem is that phpThumb library is placed somewhere at the inner levels of the site folders more exactly "include/image_upload/phpThumb" and so its doc_root is calculated right in that place. phpThumb has a config variable called config_allow_src_above_docroot which is set to false by default and of course since source images are in upper folders in the site hierarchy it will not work.
My solution was to add $phpThumb->config_allow_src_above_docroot = true to image_upload.php right when generating the thumbnail and now works as expected. Modifying the config file does not work dunno why, it would have been a cleaner solution.