1 (edited by SuperMAG 2007-03-25 03:16)

Topic: i have a problem with my forum SMTP is not working and .htaccess Quest

i have a problem with my forum SMTP is not working. i have hosted at free hosting 110mb.com which do not give smtp but every forum need smtp .. i found some free sites that give free stmp but when i enter details and save sittings and when test it ,,, it do not work .. i tried 10 smtp servers .. non of it work .. so i think that there may be some thing wrong with smtp sittings ... i want to know what you have writed with example ... like this

SMTP server address:

SMTP username:

SMTP password: (no need to write)

secondly if u are hosting with 110mb.com and you have punbb forum and you can send mails from forum then which sites smtp server do you use and what sitting do u write .. i want to do the same if i can ..

there is another thing i dont understand .. look at this

(The address of an external SMTP server to send e-mails with. You can specify a custom port number if the SMTP server doesn't run on the default port 25 (example: mail.myhost.com:3580). Leave blank to use the ///local mail program///.)

what is local mail program .. is it mean mail like A@A.com or some thing else ... either way its not working..

-----------------------

another problem ... my Hosting may have removed the ability to upload .htaccess files but it was not removed when i installed the forum but i do not think that any thing is change ... so wat the case ... what does .htaccess do to forum. sorry i am too bignner in that.

finaly sorry for bad english ... and my forum is http://live-cricket-world.info/Forum/

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Re: i have a problem with my forum SMTP is not working and .htaccess Quest

SMTP: You have to enter the details you have for the SMTP server you're trying to use. The address for it, and the username/password they assigned you
Local mail program: It just uses PHP's built in mail function instead of SMTP. It works for most people, but your host might have disabled it
.htaccess files: They aren't necessary

well thanks aloooooooooot for telling that info ... about .htaccess ..

but do u know any free SMTP sites that can give you a SMTP

and how to enter the for example

SMTP server address:

SMTP username:

SMTP password: (no need to write)

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

Nope, sorry: try Googling for some smile