Topic: Message inbox "subject" title is overlapping boundary onto background

I created my own style and everything works fine except on the message inbox.  The "Subject" header goes over the boundaries and overlaps the background and I've been screwing around with it and still don't know what value to change or how to fix it.  If anyone would be willing to hop over to the forum to check it out, I've created a username and password to use.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Message inbox "subject" title is overlapping boundary onto background

Where is the link?

You're going to hate me.

The link is:
www.campbellalumni.org/forum

The directory is password protected with .htaccess at the server level (basically because the forum isn't ready yet).
The username and password for the directory is the same as the name and password for the forum to login.  You may have to enter the directory password and username twice.

Username: Support
Password: help

Thanks.

It doesn't work mate. You can't ask for support and then make it difficult for someone to access your site..

I understand....boss's orders.  I removed the directory security so that you'll be able to get to it.  Sorry for the aggravation.

6 (edited by bingiman 2007-03-26 18:01)

You may want to open the message_list.php file and look for a similar code as the one I've posted here.

I had this problem on very narrow themes and simply adjusted this:

<div id="p<?php echo $cur_post['id'] ?>" class="blockpost row_odd firstpost" style="padding-left: 163px;">

As for the inbox/sent block, this I also had to modify adding a new class to the stylesheet. The thing is, is that it looks different in FF and IE so in my case I had to do this:

#messages {
     padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; 
    margin-top: 66px; 
    //margin-top: 52px;
}

The id was added around thi sarea as you can see:

require PUN_ROOT.'header.php';
?>
<div class="block2col">
    <div class="blockmenu" id="messages">
        <h2><span><?php echo $lang_pms['Private Messages'] ?></span></h2>
        <div class="box">
            <div class="inbox">
                <ul>
                    <li <?php if ($box == 0) echo 'class="isactive"' ?>><a href="message_list.php?box=0"><?php echo $lang_pms['Inbox'] ?></a></li>
                    <li <?php if ($box == 1) echo 'class="isactive"' ?>><a href="message_list.php?box=1"><?php echo $lang_pms['Outbox'] ?></a></li>
                </ul>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

Hope this helps.

Bingiman

Thank you so much.  I wanted to make the changes right away, but something just came up.  So instead I'll let you know that you were a huge help and that I got the post and I'll try it in a few hours.

On a side note...is that Cameron from House in your avatar?

Merv

No, it is Nicole Kidman big_smile

Wooosh! i don't get it sad

with ya on Nicole Kidman though lol big_smile

Well, I do prefer Kate Beckinsale but I didn't get time to shrink the image. big_smile