Topic: How do you install styles?!

Dumbest question ever I know, but I'm completely at a loss with this.

Tried adding it originally to forum/styles/<stylename>

No luck. Then tried adding it to forum/<stylename> (I read on a Wiki this is the correct placement)

No luck. Then finally tried just putting them into the root, meaning all of the files got mixed in with the existing css files and images, still no luck. And it's now going to be a nightmare to know which ones to delete tongue

Again apologies for asking a dumb question, I'd just like to know how to install styles, thanks!

Re: How do you install styles?!

Is your forum in the forum folder? If so, forum/styles is right. Why do you say it wasn't working?

For example: http://www.respectlife.org.uk/forum/style/GreenPun/

Styles don't go in their own folder.

Aha smile
Yes, lets say I have a style called MyStyle. It has 2 files, MyStyle.css and MyStyle_cs.css
MyStyle.css goes in the forum/style folder. If the style works the same as every other style, MyStyle_cs.css goes in forum/style/imports

Smartys wrote:

Aha smile
Yes, lets say I have a style called MyStyle. It has 2 files, MyStyle.css and MyStyle_cs.css
MyStyle.css goes in the forum/style folder. If the style works the same as every other style, MyStyle_cs.css goes in forum/style/imports

I wonder who the idiot was who came up with that daft way of doing things.

Well colour me confused; sorry! :-)

Let's use sibirsky_org for example; there are three folders, one called 'img', one called 'style' and one called 'imports' - where do I place the contents of each of these?

Huge apologies for asking silly questions again but I'm still not quite grasping this.

contents of imports goes in forum/style/imports
contents of style goes in forum/style
contents of img goes in forum/img

Worked a treat, thank you very much smile