Topic: Anyone know how to change CSS of radio buttons?

Can't find the CSS item that has the background colour of radio buttons... Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Brendan

Re: Anyone know how to change CSS of radio buttons?

can you say me or show me the html code of the radio buttons? i cant find any of those html objects in my punbb forum

That's the problem, I just can't find the html objects anywhere... Tried changing background colour of every single object in the stylesheets!

It's the built in radio buttons in the profile settings etc.

Thanks anyway!

.pun input[type=radio] { stuff }

Mmh?

Hmm, doesn't seem to work... If I set input {stuff} it does, but changes it for all input...

all you can do is find the html for the radio buttons in the punbb-files and add a class to them and then add the css to your css-file, or insert the style directly with style="background-color: red: color: inherit;"

brendanh wrote:

Hmm, doesn't seem to work... If I set input {stuff} it does, but changes it for all input...

What browser are you using?

Thanks, I did that and just put an inline style in for each. Works a treat!

I'm using IE6... Read that only works on newer browsers so think it was worth putting the style in anyway.

Appreciate the advice!

1. You won't find any styles for the radio buttons in the stylesheets because PunBB just uses the browser default styles. The stylesheet doesn't contain styles for every element on a punbb page, only those that require styling.

2. The attribute selector you were given won't work with IE6.

3. All radio buttons and checkboxes are inside <div class="rbox">. Therefore the descendant selector required to isolate them would be div.rbox label input {}. If that doesn't work increase the specificity of the selector. You don't need to add a class to an element just to style it if there is a class on a parent element which can be used to construct a contextual/descendant selector. You would however need to add a class to style radio buttons differently from checkboxes.

4. Be aware that different browsers style form elements inconsistently which is why I never both styling them.