Topic: Integrate a chat script into punbb

I finally found my IDEAL chat script which i will integrate to my punbb.

My question: theoreticly i just have to edit the Chat script pointing its Register saving and username + password loadings to the PunBB?
Or do i have to do more? So that if u register once you can login on punbb and on Chat.

Maybe easier would be if someone registers. Its action will be save it in mysql of the punbb and the chat?

Im not a php coder but i edit abit tongue

Hope someone can help me. Thx

If you r interested abt the chat script which i really love. http://pcpin.com/?include=200 - its perfect for me and of course free

Re: Integrate a chat script into punbb

Moved to Integration

Nice idea. As soon as you got it working, could you publish it as a mod?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

lie2815, the problem is i self need help. Its really hard for me hmm

Is it ajax? here's a nice ajax chat script. it skinnable, but i wouldn't recommend trying to integrate it into your forum or website, as it might make you slightly insane.

that blab is really nice, what do you mean with you wouldnt recommend trying to integrate it into punbb?

actually, it would be very easy, come to think of it. i just tried to include it into a fixed height layout, which was not so bright.

integrating it into punbb would be difficult, but doable. By that, I mean inserting it into punbb's template and scheme. it needs to be full screen though, because of various div overlays.

yeah but  i have to say the free version has to less funktions and the versions with more functions is expensive... thats why ill try to stick on pcpin

don't you see?! it's all about ajax, man! ajax, ajax, ajax.

best flashchat i've seen is called "FlashChat" found on www.tufat.com smile
Just intergrated it into my forum smile
It costs $5 but if you join the affiliation thing, you need 100 clicks and you get any script from tufat.com for free.

(i used proxy to get most of my clicks tongue)

yeah, but ajax requires no plugins, is fashionably web 2.0-ish and it can cook you a steak/bring you a beer.

But not everyone has money for the elite blab version ^^

true. i can't see myself paying for something i'll likely never use..

Anybody who have intergrated Lace Ajax Chat whith PunBB. I have succeded to make 0.1.5 work but not 0.1.6, anyone who know anyting about this?