Topic: Gus v2.0

Put the new version of the gallery upload scripts over on PunRes.

http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=3275

2 (edited by stevec 2007-05-02 16:56)

Re: Gus v2.0

Hi MattF,
I've installed this Mod as described in the readme files etc but cant upload files to a gallery.
I have even tried setting permissions on directory and files to 777!

Anything I could have missed?

I just get a:

ERROR: Can't Upload Image $file

and then redirected to the Gallery page sad

Cheers
Steve

Are you on a hosted server? Sounds like php is most likely in safe mode. Log in as admin in PunBB, go to Administration, and where it says Environment on the initial page, click on show info and see if safe_mode is on. (About a third of the way down the page I believe). That error is not being generated by Gus itself, so I would, (for the moment), assume that is a php message.

Hi MattF
Thanks for the pointer.  I am on a hosted server which tells me that php_info() has been disabled.  I guess it's running in safe mode although I have emailed support to ask the question.

Thanks again
Steve

Update.
I have checked the server and it's not running in safe mode.
The error I am getting is produced by the GUS.

Has any one else here had success implementing GUS?

Thanks for any help
Steve

Are there any error messages in the server logs when you try to upload?

I've uploaded a minor update on the Punres site to address a couple of problems.

Just a quick note. Found out that I've left a couple of settings in the gus_gallery.php and gus_listview.php scripts from when I was testing them. All they are are the slots and upload allow settings for those two pages, so nothing detrimental to stability or suchlike. They will, however, override the config file settings, so delete the following two lines from the above named scripts:

$gvupload_allow = 'yes';
$gvupload_slots = '2';

In gus_gallery.php they are lines 66 & 67. In gus_listview.php they are lines 75 & 76. Apologies for the minor oversight.