Topic: Enabling posts by guests?

I've got a forum I'm considering migrating to PunBB, but there's a problem. I can't figure out how to enable guests (that is, unregistered and unauthenticated users) to post.

I've found (but not installed, yet!) a CAPTCHA-based mod to help control the spam problem that will undoubtedly be associated with this decision, but even running the virgin install from the latest PunBB distribution (I downloaded it less than an hour ago, and it's not an upgrade from a previous install...it ought to be as pristine an environment as possible), I can't see an option anywhere to post as a guest, despite the fact that I've read a bunch of posts here from people having problems turning it OFF.

I'm probably just being stupid and missing something really obvious. But if anyone here could tell me what I'm missing, I'd be most appreciative.

Re: Enabling posts by guests?

Well, if you can't find the links, it's probably turned off: check out User groups for Guests and make sure posting is turned on there, then go to the forum specific permissions and make sure Guests can post replies and new topics

Re: Enabling posts by guests?

Yep. I was right...I was being stupid and missing something that (in retrospect) should be really obvious. (I hadn't modified the permissions for the guest group from the default, which -- sensibly for most people but not for me -- is set to read-only.)

Thanks.