Topic: Need to move cache folder to another directory

I maybe have a strange request;

The problem is the host I'm installing PunBB on won't allow write access to the "normal" web directory - Every file or folder i want to write to has to be in the web servers cgi-bin directory.
Therefore i want to move the cache folder to the cgi-bin directory! The question is what i need to change to allow PunBB to write to the cache folder if moved to the cgi-bin directory?

And is there other files or folders there need to be moved to the cgi-bin directory for PunBB to function?

And no, i can't change host as i'm not the owner of the site and has nothing to say in the matter sad

Re: Need to move cache folder to another directory

Well, the version currently under development (1.3) allows you to very easily change the path to the cache directory. However, in 1.2, you'll need to manually edit include/cache.php and any files which load cache files (eg: include/common.php, extern.php, etc) to point to the new path. Or you could put PunBB entirely in the cgi-bin and set up a VirtualHost or something like that to point to the PunBB directory

Thank you for the response!

I've tried to install PunBB directly in the "cgi-bin" directory, but it give some problems also as PunBB doesn't understand the Base URL when the directory includes a "-" in the path name. If i change "cgi-bin" to "cgi%2Dbin" in the database and in the "cache_config.php" it works fine - That is until i update settings in "Admin -> Options". Then the Base URL will default back to "cgi-bin" as it translate "cgi%2Dbin" on submit.

I could manually update settings every time i need to update settings, but that would be a chore!!!!!

I think i need to give the owners some more grief to get them to change host hmm

Well maybe i have to retract what i said about "cgi-bin" not working - Somehow it does now!!!!!

Yeah, I would have been confused if it didn't smile