1 (edited by rollonequick 2007-05-27 03:57)

Topic: Want to allow more then just the a messege when someone replys

example. when I post a new topic there is a subject and a messege form to fill out... But when I click post reply all there is, is one messge form to fill out...  That would be ok, but I need there to be more forms that a user could fill out...  And I could post it wherever I want on the viewtopic page..

thanks if you can help...

Re: Want to allow more then just the a messege when someone replys

Can you try re-explaining this please.

ok...

When someone clicks "Post Reply"

there is only a message form to fill out..... Correct...??

What I want is a few more forms.. to fill out on the post reply page...

then I need to be able to grab the information from those forms...

example...

when i submit a reply.. <?php echo $cur_post['message']."\n" ?> grabs the message and post it as a reply..

I want there to be

<?php echo $cur_post['message']."\n" ?>

<?php echo $cur_post['message1']."\n" ?>

<?php echo $cur_post['message2']."\n" ?>

<?php echo $cur_post['message3']."\n" ?>

<?php echo $cur_post['message4']."\n" ?>

<?php echo $cur_post['message5']."\n" ?>

forms... or however many i want....

Then I want to be able to grab that information and have it posted in the reply as well..

hope you understand this...

Well, allowing an infinite number of messages isn't exactly the easiest thing to code wink

You can do this if you examine how posts are submitted in the databse. If you want a set number of posts to be added then you could say create a second form on the page with a new name then the script that reads it can add +1 to the thing post id.

Not the best explain, but I dont feel like going through db and figuring out exactly how you would do it.

Basically you have your regular
<form><inputs></form>
then you create how ever many more of them you need and changing certain parameters inside of them. (Not 100% sure if this would work)

I think my problem is I use frontpage to code.. I do not dig deep into the source so I get lost on how most of the stuff works.. :-(