Topic: Edit CSS Live!

Okay, this isn't really 100% punbb related. I am trying to find a way to edit css live. I use Opera as my web browser, and would prefer not to use other things like a firefox add on to achieve the result. I don't want to actually 'change' the css live just test out new css edit css and examine if it would or would not work.

Re: Edit CSS Live!

Run a local test environment with XAMPP?

Then open up the CSS files in a text editor, make your changes, view them in Opera.

ummmm i prefer wos
http://www.chsoftware.net/en/useware/wo … n=download

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

I use WAMP right now, but I meant actually, like not having to go through multiple steps. Just one easy thing that would let you examine changes online in 'real time' I guess you would say, but not actually edit.

There are Firefox extensions that can do it, but I don't know what tools (if any) allow you to in Opera

6 (edited by towelie 2007-06-04 17:27)

Okay, its just because I recently reinstalled my OS, and have switched to using lighter software like notepad++ instead of dreamweaver and Opera instead of FF. I guess Ill use FF when I do some dev stuff like that then. Tamper Data, No script, and IE tab are some of my favourites in FF anyway.

Im looking  through FF addons, do you remember what the thing is called?
"Stylish"?

web developer extension works great.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

web developer extension works great.

Yeah, that's what I use

Yea, I was just checking out firebug. I remember now why FF was a love hate relationship. The ram usage just got out of control with add ons. The extra features were just so nice though. I think ill stick to editing in notepad++ (will prolly end up being faster for me anyway lol).

Yep. Nothing is faster than just having a browser window open on one half of the screen and a simple text editor in the other, and just refreshing your browser to see your CSS changes.

However StyleMaster - http://westciv.com/style_master/index.html -  does do a nice live preview, as well as having some other nice editing features.

But in general - you can't beat the following 2 FF extensions: the webdeveloper toolbar, and the 'View Source Chart' CSS/HTML diagrammer. FireBug is OK too, but the webdev toolbar has most of Firebug's functions.

And I agree with you about Opera. Everytime I use it I am more and more impressed - a very elegant product, without the massive bloat and RAM hoggery you see in IE and FF.

If I didn't have to pay attention to the fact that so many web users use FF and IE, I think I would use Opera more.