Topic: Polls not shoing up through direct to post homepage links

I have links on my homepage to specific areas on my board and I use this code;

<?php
$cp = curl_init("http://comic-book-collector.com/forum/extern.php?action=active&show=2&fid=11");
curl_exec($cp);
?>

I am currently running Easy_Poll-1.1.3, (I just received help setting this up actually) and am having a great time with it. Unfortunately I have noticed that when I post a poll the poll portion of the post is not visible when linking to the page from a link like I showed above. If you go into the message board and locate the post everything is fine. But seeing it as a recent post on the homepage and clicking the generated link it will only display the text under the poll and not any part of the voting poll at all. I have tested logged in and not logged in and it is the same either way. This section of the board has "create new topic" for members disabled but everyone is allowed to post replies.

Anyone have any idea what i am not doing right?

Thanks,

Re: Polls not shoing up through direct to post homepage links

You need to edit extern.php so that the links for polls link to viewpoll.php as opposed to viewtopic.php

Is there any chance anyone can give me a hand with that I have very little experience with that.
Thanks,

needshelp wrote:

Is there any chance anyone can give me a hand with that I have very little experience with that.
Thanks,

http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?pid=2953#p2953

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Moved to modifications forum.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Bingo, followed that link did the simple mod and fixed in no time at all! That should really be included in the main mod.