Topic: baseball /mySQL

Just out of pure interest....

Has anybody here ever tried to create a MySQL database for baseball data? The structure would be very interesting...

Thank you very much

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Re: baseball /mySQL

I'm sure somebody once did.

How would a baseball database look like? I know little of that game.

Well, I mean like game reports and stuff. Score by innings for every game, and so on...
Does anybody have any ideas on how to do that?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Yep I got it, but one would need to know how the game works in order to make reports. I mean, I know there are 9 innings, but I don't know how many substitutions are allowed, and other aspects of the game that you would probably include in your report. I don't think it should be any hard though, yet it all depends on what you want to include in the report, therefore what kind of data to store in the db.

Yeah, my problem would be all the connections. For example, I have a player table and for every game I want stats for every player. The thing is only a few players from the database will be active, because they play a maximum of 4 years (high school team). I don't know - is it possible to create a static html file from a form? Then I could just let somebody enter the game data and it would automatically create the game report file...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

7 (edited by lie2815 2007-07-05 08:00)

Another question:
http://www.bydebrasdesigns.com/baseball/records.htm
How can I put that into a MySQL table? I thought about doing it like that:

record_name
record_value
record_year
player_id

What do I do if there are more than one person holding one record (and there are some, look at the link)

EDIT: Can I do something like arrays in MySQL tables?

FluxBB - v1.4.8

another question:
I wanna create a stats page that pulls the names of the players from the players table, and for that player, it pulls the stats from a table gamestats (using player_id and an inner join), but there will be one row per game in the table gamestats, and I want it to add those together.
Could somebody give me a query for that?

Thanks

FluxBB - v1.4.8

Please --- can somebody help???

FluxBB - v1.4.8

10 (edited by Flinkman 2007-08-01 21:13)

You shuld try this tutorial
http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql/1

With help of this, I learned how to use MySQL. wink

PS: I hope you know php.

Ok, thanks, I will read it soon.
I just got it working, though.

FluxBB - v1.4.8