Topic: Debian package for Sarge?

Hello

I'm only beginning with Debian, so it might be something obvious, but it seems like PunBB is not available as a package in the Debian repository:

http://packages.debian.org/stable/web/

I'd rather install PunBB through dpkg/apt-get instead of compiling a tarball. Does someone know if a Debian package is available somewhere else, and if yes, whether I just need to add the link to it in /etc/dpkg/origins/debian for that other repository to be available?

Thank you.

Re: Debian package for Sarge?

Moved to PunBB Discussion
I don't believe there is a Debian package for PunBB. And although I agree that apt-get/dpkg are easier, untaring a folder in the correct location isn't difficult smile

Smartys wrote:

I don't believe there is a Debian package for PunBB. And although I agree that apt-get/dpkg are easier, untaring a folder in the correct location isn't difficult smile

I know but I prefer to install everything through the package manager so as to get a quick view of what's installed.

I'll see how to build one from source code.

Thanks.

There's nothing to build, PHP is compiled at runtime wink
You simply untar the files somewhere under your DocumentRoot for Apache so that they're accessible and then view the folder in your browser.

I'm a long time user of Debian and I don't rely on debs for web based apps. The apps tend to be a few revisions back and when a vulnerability comes up, you have to upgrade immediately or else it's scrip kiddie time.

hcgtv wrote:

I'm a long time user of Debian and I don't rely on debs for web based apps. The apps tend to be a few revisions back and when a vulnerability comes up, you have to upgrade immediately or else it's scrip kiddie time.

Good point. I just checked out the current revision of phpBB and it looks like it's a version behind.