1 (edited by dergy 2007-07-19 05:30)

Topic: Looking for a mod..

Trying to find an application mod for new recruits to fill out for my wow guild's site. Preferably something that when submitted, would automatically post to a forum(Currently new recruits post to an open forum, but would like to have something setup with more privacy involved but not requiring the application to actually leave the site... email for example). Would be perfect. Hopefully can find something that has already been given to the public so I won't have to write one from scratch.. Time is very limited for me.

Re: Looking for a mod..

Moved to Modifications

I don't know of any existing mod for that purpose, sorry.

However, a similar process you might try would be to have new registrants to your forum enter a special usergroup by default, which would only have permission to post in an "Applications" forum.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Currently have it set that way, but still leaves apps viewable by outside sources(other applicants and current members).

Just do it the good old way and make a simple php form that sends an email to you...

FluxBB - v1.4.8

dergy wrote:

Currently have it set that way, but still leaves apps viewable by outside sources(other applicants and current members).

Oops, I read your post too quickly! smile

There's not much you can do about applicants seeing each others' posts (without editing code, at least) but you can certainly prohibit other members from seeing them, simply by editing the options of the forum and unchecking "Read forum" (or whatever the option is called) for Members.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

lie2815 wrote:

Just do it the good old way and make a simple php form that sends an email to you...

But that method makes the app leave the site. I'm comfortable enough with php to handle throwing together a form and make it look the way it needs on the cosmetic end of things. But I really don't have much experience with the code itself to set it up to automatically create a post in a forum upon submitting. Only thing I can think of, is using the 'write article' feature of punbb as an example of how to set it up.