1 (edited by grhawkins 2007-08-26 02:17)

Topic: Newbie Needing Help [PLEASE]

I have a website running off of WordPress. I've been looking into integrating a forum onto a WordPress site for quite some time now. I've been doing research and whatnot and have ended up with PunBB because I think it looks the best.

Questions:
1. Where do I put the PunBB files? I downloaded PunBB, but where do I put the folder in my FTP?
2. Are there any plugins that I need to install into WordPress before installing PunBB?
3. Can someone provide me with a very detailed step by step guide from beginning to end about how to install PunBB and integrate it into WordPress?

I know there's a lot of topics on these questions, but it seems like every time I try to read one or follow the instructions I have no clue what in the world the person is telling me to do. Also, this would be my first forum installation, so I don't know any of the terms and whatnot. Please elaborate!

Thanks for your guy's time in advanced. I really do appreciate it.

P.S. I'd also like to make it so that when people register to the forum that it's like PunBB.org. They register with a desired username and their password is emailed to them, but not have to register through WordPress. I don't know if that made sense, but I hope it did. Thanks again.

Re: Newbie Needing Help [PLEASE]

Have you had a look at Riklanium's PunBB-WP bridge?

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.