Topic: HELP!!

my users cant see the profile link to "show all posts" of other users, I cant find the switch for that. Did it change?

Re: HELP!!

Any help? I have show post count turned on but its not showing up. The expanded profile mod have anything to do with this?

There isn't a switch for it if memory serves, your mod was probably applied incorrectly.

4 (edited by TFD 2007-09-28 18:53)

under admin-options

User post count        Yes    No  Show the number of posts a user has made (affects topic view, profile and userlist).

maybe that doesnt have an effect on show all posts. Do you know what would?

I downloaded punbb forum, and try to install it on my site. I come to the step where I need to make a config.php file. i do that with macromedia dreamweaver. I upload that file in root directory.  then I get this error massage:

Error: Unable to write configuration cache file to cache directory. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory 'cache'.

What shall i do????

moivet wrote:

I downloaded punbb forum, and try to install it on my site. I come to the step where I need to make a config.php file. i do that with macromedia dreamweaver. I upload that file in root directory.  then I get this error massage:

Error: Unable to write configuration cache file to cache directory. Please make sure PHP has write access to the directory 'cache'.

What shall i do????

you need to chmod o777 your cache and avatars folder!

Sorry. Unactive due to personal life.

I got same error message! (I done like you told me)
I put for all folders permissions to 777 by ftp client (include root folder \forum ), and config.php.
maybe i done something wrong with creating config.php?

moivet wrote:

I got same error message! (I done like you told me)
I put for all folders permissions to 777 by ftp client (include root folder \forum ), and config.php.
maybe i done something wrong with creating config.php?

you only need to chmod cache folder and files and then avatars, its generaly a security risk if you chmod all of them.

i just find out that i can't change folder permissions. I came later to check if i did right permission change, but they stayed same as they were before!

moivet wrote:

i just find out that i can't change folder permissions. I came later to check if i did right permission change, but they stayed same as they were before!

what ftp client are you using?

i know in the basic windpws expolrer you can