Topic: Validation Issue, Makes No Sense

I've never had errors like this before. I've just install a fresh punbb and added colorusergroup (which is valid) and a portal.

# Line 71, Column 12: ID "navindex" already defined.

<li id="navindex"><a href="index.php">Index</a></li>

?

An "id" is a unique identifier. Each time this attribute is used in a document it must have a different value. If you are using this attribute as a hook for style sheets it may be more appropriate to use classes (which group elements) than id (which are used to identify exactly one element).
# Info Line 51, Column 12: ID "navindex" first defined here.

# Error Line 72, Column 12: ID "navextra1" already defined.

<li id="navextra1"><a href="forum.php">Forums</a></li>

?

An "id" is a unique identifier. Each time this attribute is used in a document it must have a different value. If you are using this attribute as a hook for style sheets it may be more appropriate to use classes (which group elements) than id (which are used to identify exactly one element).
# Info Line 52, Column 12: ID "navextra1" first defined here.

<li id="navextra1"><a href="forum.php">Forums</a></li>

# Error Line 73, Column 12: ID "navuserlist" already defined.

<li id="navuserlist"><a href="userlist.php">User list</a></li>

?

# Info Line 53, Column 12: ID "navuserlist" first defined here.

<li id="navuserlist"><a href="userlist.php">User list</a></li>

# Error Line 74, Column 12: ID "navsearch" already defined.

<li id="navsearch"><a href="search.php">Search</a></li>

?

# Info Line 54, Column 12: ID "navsearch" first defined here.

<li id="navsearch"><a href="search.php">Search</a></li>

# Error Line 75, Column 12: ID "navregister" already defined.

<li id="navregister"><a href="register.php">Register</a></li>

?

# Info Line 55, Column 12: ID "navregister" first defined here.

<li id="navregister"><a href="register.php">Register</a></li>

# Error Line 76, Column 12: ID "navlogin" already defined.

<li id="navlogin"><a href="login.php">Login</a></li>

?

# Info Line 56, Column 12: ID "navlogin" first defined here.

<li id="navlogin"><a href="login.php">Login</a></li>

# Error Line 103, Column 22: ID "login" already defined.

<form id="login" name="login" name="qpost" method="post" action="log

?

# Info Line 100, Column 9: ID "login" first defined here.

<div id="login" class="box">

# Error Line 103, Column 34: there is no attribute "name".

?

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.
# Error Line 103, Column 47: duplicate specification of attribute "name".

?  <form id="login" name="login" name="qpost" method="post" action="login.php?

?

You have specified an attribute more than once. Example: Using the "height" attribute twice on the same "img" tag.
# Error Line 119, Column 74: there is no attribute "wrap".

?sword" size="16" maxlength="16" wrap="virtual" onkeypress="if(event.keyCode==

?

You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).

This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error message for further information.

How to fix: check the spelling and case of the element and attribute, (Remember XHTML is all lower-case) and/or check that they are both allowed in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute. If you received this error when using the <embed> element to incorporate flash media in a Web page, see the FAQ item on valid flash.
# Error Line 138, Column 17: element "pun_users_online" undefined.

<pun_users_online>

?

You have used the element named above in your document, but the document type you are using does not define an element of that name. This error is often caused by:

* incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Frameset" document type to get the "<frameset>" element),
    * by using vendor proprietary extensions such as "<spacer>" or "<marquee>" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to achieve the desired effect instead).
    * by using upper-case tags in XHTML (in XHTML attributes and elements must be all lower-case).

# Error Line 150, Column 5: end tag for "pun_users_online" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified.

</div>

?

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".
# Info Line 138, Column 0: start tag was here.

<pun_users_online>

# Error Line 154, Column 85: document type does not allow element "script" here.

?com/urchin.js" type="text/javascript">

?

The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).
# Error Line 156, Column 30: document type does not allow element "script" here.

<script type="text/javascript">

?

The element named above was found in a context where it is not allowed. This could mean that you have incorrectly nested elements -- such as a "style" element in the "body" section instead of inside "head" -- or two elements that overlap (which is not allowed).

One common cause for this error is the use of XHTML syntax in HTML documents. Due to HTML's rules of implicitly closed elements, this error can create cascading effects. For instance, using XHTML's "self-closing" tags for "meta" and "link" in the "head" section of a HTML document may cause the parser to infer the end of the "head" section and the beginning of the "body" section (where "link" and "meta" are not allowed; hence the reported error).
# Error Line 103, Column > 80: XML Parsing Error: Attribute name redefined.

?ame="qpost" method="post" action="login.php?action=in" onsubmit="return proce?

?
# Error Line 150, Column 6: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: pun_users_online line 138 and div.

</div>

?
# Error Line 153, Column 7: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: div line 40 and body.

</body>

?
# Error Line 154, Column 7: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 38 and html.

</html><script src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" type="text/javasc

?
# Error Line 159, Column 9: XML Parsing Error: Premature end of data in tag html line 3.

</script>
[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/746/scripter8ko.png[/img]
http://openwings.co.cc

Re: Validation Issue, Makes No Sense

You will get that because you're using the same id's twice. In order to avoid that issue have a look at the following thread:

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17237

Hope this helps. I did it and it worked great.

Thanks a lot, I'll try it out tomorrw morning and I'll tell you if it works.

Scripter, this is what i did to my site.

this is yours

this is mine
i just took the id=junk out!
i dont plan on making a css tag for it.. so it is gone... i remove all the nav stuff from the functions.php page.
<li><a href="index.php">Index</a></li>

Q

My stuff or my style might sux, but atleast I'm willing to help when I can.
Don't be stupid and help ! We are the stupid one's !!!

5 (edited by Scripter 2007-11-30 17:04)

Thanks for both of you but I used bingiman's topic thingy. Only 7 errors  to go now.

# Line 103, Column 22: ID "login" already defined.

?

# Info Line 100, Column 9: ID "login" first defined here.

# Error Line 103, Column 34: there is no attribute "name".

?

# Error Line 103, Column 47: duplicate specification of attribute "name".

?  <form id="login" name="login" name="qpost" method="post" action="login.php?

?

You have specified an attribute more than once. Example: Using the "height" attribute twice on the same "img" tag.

How do I fix that, it's the same problem I think?

Login code:

<?php

// Show login if not logged in
if($pun_user['is_guest'])
{
    if(!isset($focus_element) || (isset($focus_element) && !in_array('login', $focus_element)))
    {

// Load the language files
    require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/common.php';
    require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/login.php';

// Try to determine if the data in HTTP_REFERER is valid (if not, we redirect to index.php after login)
    $redirect_url = (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) && preg_match('#^'.preg_quote($pun_config['o_base_url']).'/(.*?)\.php#i', $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'])) ? htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER']) : 'index.php';

$required_fields = array('req_username' => $lang_common['Username'], 'req_password' => $lang_common['Password']);

?>
                  <div class="block">

<h2><span>Login</span></h2>
<div class="inbox">             
        <div class="logintop">
            <form id="login" name="login" name="qpost" method="post" action="login.php?action=in" onsubmit="return process_form(this)">
<div style="text-align: center" class="inform">

<p>
                    <input type="hidden" name="form_sent" value="1" />
                    <input type="hidden" name="redirect_url" value="<?php echo $redirect_url ?>" />
                     <?php echo $lang_common['Username'] ?><br />
                    <input type="text" name="req_username" size="16" maxlength="25" /><br /><br />
                     <?php echo $lang_common['Password'] ?><br />

<input type="password" name="req_password" size="16" maxlength="16" wrap="virtual" onkeypress="if(event.keyCode==13) document.login.submit()" /><br /><br />
<input type="submit" name="login" value="<?php echo $lang_common['Login'] ?>" tabindex="3" /><br /><br />
                    <a href="register.php"><?php echo 'Register Now!'; ?></a>
                </p>

</div>
            </form>
        </div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<?php
    }
}

6 (edited by MattF 2007-11-30 18:02)

Give the second login box an id of login0, or remove the id. It's only used for the auto focus/select, if I remember correctly.