Topic: Off-Center Posts

Since I love the main theme so much, I decided to just set it up fixed instead of fluid. Now, go to a topic and look at the size of the body, then go back. You'll notice that the entire website moves like 20px over. Any ideas what I can do?

reviewstash.com

Thanks

Re: Off-Center Posts

The topic you're looking at is long enough to have a scrollbar, your index page isn't. Thus, your topic page has slightly less width and a centered page is slightly to the left of where it would be otherwise. There is nothing that can be done about it as far as I know, and it really isn't a big deal wink
Actually, assuming you're using Firefox, try this:
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=81589#p81589

Maybe I put it in the wrong place, but it didn't change anything for me. Thanks though.

Opera and Firefox show the issue

Did you actually add the line to your Oxygen_cs.css file? wink

Yes, I did. I read up on it, and apparently it does nothing for opera. I just need some way for the scrollbar to be visible all the time in every browser.

From the site linked to:

Force a Vertical Scrollbar on Your Site

You can add some simple styles to your site's style sheet to force a vertical scrollbar to always show and thus get rid of the page shift. The most obvious solution is to add an overflow: scroll rule to the html element. However, this rule adds a horizontal scrollbar as well, which web users definitely don't like. Here's an easy and valid way to force only the vertical scrollbar to appear, no matter what size the viewport is:

html { min-height: 100%; margin-bottom: 1px; }

Where should I put that? Thanks.

Try putting it at the end of Oxygen.css

Darn, just added it, and nothing. hmm Thanks for helping me with this though.

It worked for me in Firefox hmm
Why don't you add it back in, leave it there, and let me know when you've done it so I can check it out?

Added it back in to oxygen

Works for me, make sure you clear your cache

Yeah, a couple other users says it's fine too. I think it's just an opera issue, so I just disabled my scrollbar and left that code in for the 99% of other potential posters. Thanks for the help.

I just found this:
http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/66585

Thanks for the extra research, it didn't seem to make a difference so I'll just keep the other code in for firefox, and if anyone on opera has any problems I'll let them know to just turn the bar off. This would make a good sticky or wiki entry for people wanting to know why this is happening.