Topic: Help: How to make a user group anonymous

I would like to have two groups of users, group A and B. All posts from users of group A should NOT be marked with the username of the poster, but with "anonymous group A member". OTOH posts of members of group B should be treated as normal, but members of group B should be restricted to one specific Topic.

Is this possible?

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert

Re: Help: How to make a user group anonymous

Topic or forum?
Group A is not possible out of the box, Group B is possible if you mean forum and not topic.

Hi Smartys,

first of all thanks for the reply!

Smartys wrote:

Topic or forum?
Group A is not possible out of the box, Group B is possible if you mean forum and not topic.

Well, we have sort of reviewing process where the candidates should answer questions coming from a set of jurors. Naturally the jurors should remain anonymous (that is how it works in scientific evaluations). So somehow both things would be nice. I don't want that I have to create ONE forum per candidate, which is too much pain.

What is your opinion: Can both of these things be implemented without too much work? I can hack/test/write some php code, but I guess it would take some time to understand the inner structure of the mod system. Any hints where to start? And how?

Or, anyone having a suggestion which other bb already provides these features?

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert

Well, per-topic permissions are going to be a pain no matter how you do them (and I can't think of forum software where they wouldn't be). Just making a tool to handle letting you set them is going to be a pain wink
Making the users in group A anonymous would be simple, it just depends on how you want to do it. You can modify post.php so the poster username and poster ID are set as a guest, for example.

Hmm, sorry I expressed myself wrong, sorry. I meant:
3 categories
every category some applicants = some forums
and access control on FORUM level.

I guess that is possible.

For the post.php code I will check what I can do ...

Thanks a lot