Topic: Poll Mod?

I'm trying to find a poll mod to use that's not complete crap. Easy Poll is what a lot keep talking about, but I keep getting errors about it working with 1.2.16, and for some reason I doubt that's the last error there would be even if I got past it. Not to mention it's a pain in the ass to modify all those files manually... they don't even include modified ones in the damn pack. Crap.

So is there anything that's half decent out there?

Check Maid maid service

Re: Poll Mod?

If you put even the slightest bit of effort into reading threads which are stuck, (and for a very good reason, might one add), then you would know the answer to problem one. And I doubt you will find many mods which don't require some manual work editing on your part. Unless that is too much like hard work, that is.........

Please don't post if you haven't the slightest clue about an answer.

Check Maid maid service

4 (edited by bingiman 2008-01-25 01:53)

@CReatiVe4w3 - I have been using this mod for a very long time and I never once encountered an error. You are probably doing something wrong. I don' t think it is fair for you to call it crap. Do you even know how much work went into it? You should seriously think before you speak mate. That ain't fair to the creator of the mod.

btw: Before posting you should at least have the decency to put the punBB credits back where they belong.

Bingiman

CReatiVe4w3 wrote:

Don't judge me by your standards mate.

6 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2008-01-25 04:44)

CReatiVe4w3 wrote:

I'm not kidding when I say this, but it took me no less than 10 seconds to find and download a poll mod that I know for a fact works with 1.2.16.

Matt, you were too nice.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

CReatiVe4w3 wrote:

they don't even include modified ones in the damn pack.

That's because if they included the modified files in the pack, and you had other mods installed which modified the same files, you would end up removing or at least disabling the other mods by using the pre-modified files. Then you'd have tons of people (like you, I'd imagine) complaining that it "ruined my forum" or "killed my mods," and nobody wants that.

It's common sense.

-Master Hob Bramble of Willowbottom

Pardon me, good sir, but it appears that your diving apparatus has a leak.
Perpetual Thursday | Alternative-Internet.com | hobbramble.deviantart.com

Don't forget updates to PunBB itself.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

9 (edited by StevenBullen 2008-01-25 14:02)

CReatiVe4w3 wrote:

But he does have a clue and is telling the truth...  Doh!

Removing punbb copyright from footer.. Doh!

Good luck in your help! Doh!