1 (edited by qubertman 2008-02-10 21:11)

Topic: Rewrite

The following are not rewriting the URL:

- User list search
- Administration > Extensions
- Announcements
- Additional Menu Items

Re: Rewrite

userlist search:
I think that's because there isn't a good way to do it otherwise, since data for the URL is coming from the form. How would you do it?

admin/extensions:
Yup, but we're debating the merits of having SEF URLs in the admin panel at all.

others:
what do you mean? What are they supposed to be rewriting?

Smartys wrote:

userlist search:
I think that's because there isn't a good way to do it otherwise, since data for the URL is coming from the form. How would you do it?

See Search. You have it working with data coming from the form.

Smartys wrote:

others:
what do you mean? What are they supposed to be rewriting?

In the Announcements, I have a link to a topic. It is not rewriting the URL.
For Additional Menu items, I have links pointing to php pages I have created. I assume these links will be rewrite.

See Search. You have it working with data coming from the form.

You mean search.php? It works the same way. It might be rewritten for people using postgresql and sqlite because the initial request is redirected is one with a search ID.

In the Announcements, I have a link to a topic. It is not rewriting the URL.
For Additional Menu items, I have links pointing to php pages I have created. I assume these links will be rewrite.

I can't think of an efficient way to have PunBB auto-magically detect and rewrite that stuff. There are too many possibilities.

5 (edited by qubertman 2008-02-10 21:47)

Smartys wrote:

You mean search.php? It works the same way. It might be rewritten for people using postgresql and sqlite because the initial request is redirected is one with a search ID.

Yes, search.php. It is working differently for us. All the URLs are rewritten, even the paging links of the search results.

Smartys wrote:

I can't think of an efficient way to have PunBB auto-magically detect and rewrite that stuff. There are too many possibilities.

OK. Then these URLs will have to be manually rewrite.

The paging links are one thing: those should be rewritten properly. The problem is the form.

search.html?action=search&keywords=foobar&author=&forum=-1&sort_by=4&sort_dir=DESC&show_as=topics&search=Submit+search

Is that what you mean when you say rewrite though? Since that's what I'm seeing on the developers forum and I know userlist.php stays with userlist.php.

Smartys wrote:
search.html?action=search&keywords=foobar&author=&forum=-1&sort_by=4&sort_dir=DESC&show_as=topics&search=Submit+search

Is that what you mean when you say rewrite though? Since that's what I'm seeing on the developers forum and I know userlist.php stays with userlist.php.

Yes. I was expecting userlist.php to behave like the Search.

8 (edited by qubertman 2008-02-10 23:13)

This following subject lines do not work with File Based (fancy). Getting an Error 403.

Are you running a 'Hobby Business'?  Tax: the facts of life!
This is a "test"

qubertman wrote:

This following subject lines do not work with File Based (fancy). Getting an Error 403.

Are you running a 'Hobby Business'?  Tax: the facts of life!
This is a "test"

I am unable to replicate this. However, the cleaning function for those kinds of URLs is overdue for an update anyway, so lets hope that solves it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

For "File based (fancy)", the URLs for subscribe/unsubscribe after redirecting has $2 in the URL. For example, topic21908-Testing.html is topic21908$2.html.

qubertman wrote:

For "File based (fancy)", the URLs for subscribe/unsubscribe after redirecting has $2 in the URL. For example, topic21908-Testing.html is topic21908$2.html.

means posts number 2

MyFootballCafe.com  is Now Online!

For the quick forum jump drop-down menu, it is not SEF. Is it because it is a form?

qubertman wrote:

Fixed.

SuperMAG wrote:

means posts number 2

Nope. It was broken.

qubertman wrote:

For the quick forum jump drop-down menu, it is not SEF. Is it because it is a form?

Yeah, it's a method="GET" form and I haven't quite figured out how to "SEF it".

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Yeah, it's a method="GET" form and I haven't quite figured out how to "SEF it".

Your have it working with the search as shown I think:

Smartys wrote:

Not the same thing: search.html is a rewrite rule in and of itself. There is no equivalent for viewforum.php, all the rewrite rules need the forum ID.

Same thing is happening ($2) for the following:

Member: Delete topic/Delete

Admin/mod: Move Topic, Delete Topic, Open/Close Topic, Stick/Unstick Topic, Delete posts

Rickard wrote:

However, the cleaning function for those kinds of URLs is overdue for an update anyway, so lets hope that solves it.

For the forum name rewrite, please don't drop words that are 3 characters. For example, "New Members" is being rewritten as "forum1-Members.html".

qubertman wrote:
Rickard wrote:

However, the cleaning function for those kinds of URLs is overdue for an update anyway, so lets hope that solves it.

For the forum name rewrite, please don't drop words that are 3 characters. For example, "New Members" is being rewritten as "forum1-Members.html".

I agree smile

What about two character words then? Drop them or keep them?

Is there a downside going down to 2?

In fact what is the downside of going down to 1? hmm

I didn't write the code in question, so I'm just asking big_smile