1 (edited by yonnermark 2008-03-02 23:04)

Topic: Karma Mod - Why can't admin or moderators vote?

I've installed the Karma mod and I like it a lot.
However, neither moderators nor admin members can "see" the voting links that should be under each post.
Does anyone know a way to allow admin/moderators to give karma votes please?

thanks
Mark

[thanks to moderator for moving this to modifications]

Re: Karma Mod - Why can't admin or moderators vote?

Moved to Modifications

I suppose me question really is how do I create an "IF" rule in the viewtopic.php that lets the admin/mod "see" those links?

I'm going to have another poke around in the code and see if I can spot it.

OK I fixed it.
Replace this line...

$post_actions[] = '<li class="postreport"><a href="misc.php?report='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Report'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postdelete"><a href="delete.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Delete'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postedit"><a href="edit.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Edit'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postquote"><a href="post.php?tid='.$id.'&qid='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Quote'].'</a>';

With this line...

$post_actions[] = '<li class="postreport"><a href="misc.php?report='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Report'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postdelete"><a href="delete.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Delete'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postedit"><a href="edit.php?id='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Edit'].'</a>'.$lang_topic['Link separator'].'</li><li class="postquote"><a href="post.php?tid='.$id.'&qid='.$cur_post['id'].'">'.$lang_topic['Quote'].'</a><br><li class="postedit">Karma: <a href="karma.php?post='.$cur_post['id'].'&vote=1">'.'Vote user up'.'</a> - <a href="karma.php?post='.$cur_post['id'].'&vote=0">'.'Vote user down'.'</a>';

Make sure you backup that file before doing it because I'm very much a novice at this kind of thing.