Topic: Users not being logged out

A few users on my forum have reported that they are not being logged out correctly.

This is a message from one user...
"whenever i try to log out it says it logging out and redirecting but after that it doesn't log me out and just refreshes i dont know what is wrong with this"

Any ideas? Logging out is working for most people.
It is highly possible this (and other) users have more than one account and perhaps they have cookies for more than one account???

Any suggestions welcome.

Re: Users not being logged out

Link to your forum?

3 (edited by mixart 2008-03-10 01:32)

Thanks for the email Smartys - I appreciate it.

I will try your suggestions you sent via email. If it works I will post the results here for others.

Smartys suggestion was that it might be a domain issue - visiting www vs. non-www domains, however I have all pages on my site without a WWW redirecting to a www.domain.com and the issue is continuing.

I've asked a user to clear all their cookies, browser cache, and to uncheck the "remember me" feature and they are still unable to log out. Does anyone have suggestions on things to look for to help this issue.

If I change the site cookie seed would it log everyone out and require a new cookie be set?

Then the user hasn't cleared his/her cookies/cache properly. If they did so, they wouldn't be logged in.

Thanks Smarty - the user has insisted they have tried this but I understand it is impossible.

I'm wondering if they have a browser "remember this password" feature in IE or FF, if it might be automatically logging them back in?

Either way - user error smile