1 (edited by vauxtigra2005 2008-03-12 21:36)

Topic: check for upgrade not working?

just thought i'd, try the link for the check for upgrade, but after a while it comes up with Sorry there has been a page error? Is there something I've missed?

Thanks smile

2 (edited by vauxtigra2005 2008-03-14 12:28)

Re: check for upgrade not working?

someone must no? wink

It's probably a host issue

Hi Smartys, in what why can this be a host issue? As It comes up with 'Sorry, there has been a page error' 'The server could not complete your request'.

As in what do i need to speak to my host about?

Thanks

Ask your host why their server is giving you that error. That's not a PunBB error.

ok thanks wink

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but thought it better that to start a new one!

Anyway due to laptop dieing and not having the money to fix it at the time just got this back from an email I sent last night about this problem...

Thank you for your email,

As this product you have installed 'punBB' is provided by a third party , we have no experience of it here, or how it works, so if the software vendor could provide us with a little more information regarding why they think its a server problem and any recommendations regarding how we can go around fixing for you, it would be a great help.

From the information you have provided: 'Having a few problems with the 'check for upgrade' , and the screen shot I think the problem may either be with the permissions on whatever file is called for the 'check upgrade' feature, or that the 'Check Upgrade' is calling out to an external URL- an Internet Address, whereby this is probably being blocked by our Firewall.
If this is the case you should ask the software vendor for the URL needed for the feature to work -to check for the upgrade- and request that the URL is added to the Firewall Rules from the 'Advanced Settings' section of MyPanel - 'Firewall Rules' .

Also please can you provide a login username and password for the admin system for this software, and a direct URL to the page that is failing, should we need to make further tests for you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks

Regards,

Andy
Support Assistant roll roll

Thanks again for your help.

just got this back from them:

Thank you for your email,

I have tried the link, and to me it looks like you need to add the URL to the firewall to allow it to connect to the punBB server to request the check.

If you access your MyPanel and go to the 'Advanced Settings' section ,' Firewall Rules' subsection and enter www.punbb.com (I think, but you should check with them) I think the update check will work once added.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks

Regards,

Andy
Support Assistant

So is it www.punnbb.com?

Thanks